Service Pack 3 provides the latest updates to the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. This update also applies to Microsoft Office Project, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Office Visio, and Visual Web Developer.
System requirementsSupported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- This update applies to the following product:
- Microsoft Office 2007 System (with 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1))
- Microsoft Office 2007 System (with 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2))
- Supported Windows Installer Version: Windows Installer 3.1 or greater
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 includes Windows Installer 3.1. Windows Installer 3.1 is also available as a separate download at the following location:
Top of page
InstructionsNote: IT professionals should refer to the IT professional resources section.
If you have Microsoft Office 2007 System, do one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3). To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the .exe file by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
IT professional resources
IT professionals working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office System Suites and Programs TechCenter.
The download for this update is available by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article Command line switches for Microsoft Self-Extractor packages (KB912203).
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3) for further information about this update.